Buying your first home is always such a thrilling event. It is the beginning of a new chapter in life and a way to begin investing your money in your future. It is clear that this exciting occasion can also be a bit daunting. This is especially true if you are not working with an agent who is able to help and guide you in the process. Here is a simple guide to clearly lay out the steps you need to take in order to have an easy, and enjoyable, first home purchase.
- Speak with a mortgage broker to become prequalified
- This step is so important because it helps you know what you can afford, and may be the difference between getting the home of your dreams, and losing it to another qualified buyer.
- My recommendation would be Precision Mortgage
- Find a qualified real estate agent
- The knowledge that a qualified agent brings to your search can help you get the home you envisioned for yourself.
- Look for a home
- Your agent will help walk you through these steps, but here are some other resources that may help you make a final decision:
- Ready to make an offer?
- Your agent should be willing to walk you through all the steps and keep you updated on all developments. It is important that your agent keep in contact with you anytime there is a development.
When using a qualified agent, this process will be exciting and enjoyable!
CA DRE License #: 019046